W. Vandom's Fanfiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W. Vandom's Fanfiction

A place for all of my ideas and previews of upcoming projects with a few deleted scenes tossed in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pre Beta Chapter 6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Vandom
Admin
W. Vandom

Pre Beta Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: Pre Beta Chapter 6   Pre Beta Chapter 6 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Hate or Fear
Original story and idea by Wilhelmina Vandom
Story written by W. Vandom
Story beta read by MagicalGirl23

WITCH

Wow, never piss off your mom enough to really get in trouble by almost getting suspended or expelled. I've been grounded for several weeks and finally on probation, but I am back once again with an update, though I admit it is kind of small. The reason is that the rest of what I originally had planned for this chapter won't fit in with some of the changes I thought about while being grounded. It won't effect anything that I already written for this story though and hopefully it will end up making this an even better story.

I want to thank MagicalGirl23 for all of the hard work she keeps putting into fixing up my crappy chapters into something really good. She does a lot of fixing up so make sure to thank her everyone.

WITCH

Breakfast the next morning was at first a quiet affair as Will quieltly watched Elyon and Cedric keep throwing glances at each other, a shyness showing on both faces. Looking up at Phobos himself Will caught him watching her with a strange look. Looking back at her plate Will contineued eating the strange looking, yet deliciously sweet fruit and porridge. The sausage looking meat was clearly not pork, but Will didn't want to know what it was as it tasted so much better.

"You will accompany me today." Phobos said all of a sudden drawing Will's attention from her meal.

"Excuse me?" Will asked looking up at the prince, unsure if she heard him right. It sounded like he was commanding her to go with him since she was who his eyes was locked onto. Cedric quietly cleared his throat shootin a strange look at the prince.

"I mean...Will you please give me the pleasure of your company today?" Phobos asked nervously, his voice tripping over the word please as if it was a foreign word to him. He looked torn between wanting to command her and ask her as he fidgeted a bit waiting for a response.

"Of course, your highness." Will said before she caught herself. She was going to tell him that she had other plans, but that slipped out before she had a chance to think about it. The small smile that graced his lips made Will drop it thogh deciding just to go with the flow for the moment despite the increasing fluttering in her stomach.

The rest of the meal was more or less eaten in silence until the servants cleaned the table and Cedric led Elyon away while exchanging good-byes.

"Follow me." Phobos said as he stood and stalked off out of the room. At first Will wanted to tell him off from being rude but she refused to do so at the moment. Her mind still had so many questions and she was already unsure about the man now, everything that she thought she knew had flown out the window. Sighing she hurried after the prince and down some stone steps circling downwards which made Will worry a little. Was he taking her to the dungeons or something?

"Since you gave up the Heart of Candracar, you need to learn to protect yourself from dangers such as those lurdens." Phobos said as the pair traveled down, shadows dancing from the torches that lit the way. Flames coming to life on their own as they went deeper and deeper. "I am going to teach you how to sense energy in the ley lines and draw mana from them. I will be showing you different spells while you are here starting off with a few defensive spells."

Will's eyes went wide at the prince's explanation and even wider when the two reached the bottom that was one huge stone room with arcane runes etched everywhere from the florr to the walls and even the ceiling. How could she learn this though, from what little she understood a person had to have potential and a natural affinity to magic to do this.

"The Heart not included Will, you have a strong potential to learn some of even the higher levels of magic that I know. In fact, your raw potential may be close to matching even my own." Phobos said, a small smirk tugging his lips. "This room is shielded to keep the occupants from being hurt by any mishaps as well as protecting those outside."

"So, you are really going to teach me magic?" Will asked. Sure she could use magic before, but when it came down to it, it was all preprogrammed for the most part. True the guardians could manipulate and bend the elements to their will, but the power was preprogrammed thanks to the Heart and aurameres so the guardians could just use it as a weapon. Without the Heart and aurameres none of them would have any power of their own, but with this type of magic Will would be able to use it at anytime as long as their was life in the planet and mana flowing through the ley lines which was like veins.

"Yes, but first we must meditate so you can learn how to feel the power flowing through the planet. Once you get used to this, you should be able to tap the mana flow in any world you visit. Of course the strength of your powers will depend on your aptitude for it as well as the strength of the mana flow. If a world has little to no mana flow, then your magic will have much less effect. Especially if there is no flow because you will be using your own life force to power your spells." Phobos explained as he settled on the floor in the middle of the room, sitting with his legs crossed. He gestured for Will to sit before him and after a few moments of hesitation she sat down facing him. "Good, now first you need to clear your mind of all distractions."

It took several hours, but Will had finally grasped the concepts that Phobos kept explaining to her enough to feel the power he was talking about. For yet another hour that was partially mind numbingly boring, Will had to just sit and let the mana flow through her so she could feel how it flowed, how it felt and how it reacted to her body. She had to admit that once she got over the boredom and concentrated more on the task she was surprised at how wonderful she felt. It felt as if she was completely energized to the point where she could run a hundred marathons without getting tired.

"Good, now that you can feel the power it is time you learn to mold and shape it into whatever you need. First of all, you will learn basic shield spells to protect yourself from threats such as those foul creatures." Phobos said making Will arch an eyebrow, didn't Phobos have lurdens working in the castle as well? "Those things that attacked us are nothing like the castle lurdens. The have no sense civility and have only two things on their mind, satisfying their hunger and satisfying their lust. These spells I will be teaching you today will protect you from them, and once you get comfortable with a simple shell I will teach you an advanced version that not only keeps would be attackers from reaching you, but it will repel them. With enough power added into it they may even be knocked unconcious."

"What about attack spells like that lightning?" Will asked hopefully. She really did want to learn some cool attack spells, though she was getting to the point where she no longer feared for her safety here.

"That will come after you master the sheilding spells. These spells can't hurt you if you do something wrong, but if you mess up with an offensive spell, it can come back and bite you in the ass with a vengance."

"Okay." Will sighed, but she was still happy to be learning the shielding spells. It was kind of strange though, she hadn't once thought about them being enemies or anything the entire time they entered this room. In fact, she realized that he had been acting really paitient and kind to her, It was nothing at all like the preconcieved picture she once had of him shattering even more of the old image she once held of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~wvandom
XV Dragon

Pre Beta Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Beta Chapter 6   Pre Beta Chapter 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Bet these lessons will not make Candacar happy I bet, but will probably help Will reach a much greater level skill once she gets the Heart back Smile Can't wait for all these updates to get to FF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
W. Vandom
Admin
W. Vandom

Pre Beta Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Beta Chapter 6   Pre Beta Chapter 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Definately not, and Will will become much stronger than the girls gave her credit for. Hopefully it will be soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~wvandom
Sponsored content

Pre Beta Chapter 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre Beta Chapter 6   Pre Beta Chapter 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre Beta Chapter 6
Page 1 of 1